SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2002-12 > 1038781668

Subject: [ZA] The Question: "Who is considered the first generation in the country?...."
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 00:27:48 +0200

Mye Goodye Cosynes,

This is a very good question, and one I have been wanting to ask for some
time now. In the case of Rhodesian Pioneers, it would seem to me that the
'trekker Pioneers' etc., would NOT be the first generation Rhodesians, their
first born children, born in Rhodesia, would be first generation Rhodesians.
The parents of the first generation Rhodesians would be Pioneers, their
off-spring would be first generation Rhodesians? Would that be coorrect
???....

The question: Who is considered the first generation in the country?.... My
logic says that strictly speaking first generation is anyone born in the new
country. Delia Robertson....

Hi Delia, That's how I understand it. On the USA list, they came to the
conclusion that they regard the stamvader/immigrant as the first generation
in America.... Anne Lehmkuhl....
<<<

Yours Sincerely,
Sir Ken Markham, K.C.B. (95)....

This email was scanned by the ICL anti-virus solution

This thread: