SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2002-12 > 1040870819

From: Ruth and Allan Darvall <>
Subject: RE: [ZA] Thomas HUDSON
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:47:04 +0000

Hello Terry
Do you have any more of those books possibly 1895 - 1923 that was magic &
quick.
I'm looking for a Thomas Howard born Wales UK abt 1850ish or earlier he
came to Queensland Oz
& only last month was told he killed a Chinaman in Queensland (that could
have been abt 1895) left in a hurry to ZA leaving his wife we don't know
if he divorced her & married the Grand mother of my hubbie in ZA but
another member say's they didn't marry.
Maybe you might give me some ideas on where to find news papers where it's
reported a Thomas Howard killing a China man!!!!
Hope you had a most filling Christmas day we had a lovely day but oh so
very hot & to day is even hotter.
Ruth
(West Australia)

At 12:22 PM 26/12/2002 +1000, you wrote:
>Ray,
>
>He is detailed on pages 196-197 of Peter Philip's, "British Residents At
The Cape 1795-1819".

>Key details:
>
>born Coleshill, Warwickshire. Brother of Samuel Eusebius HUDSON who is
listed pp. 195-196.
>Arrived Cape 1799 aged 25 and set up store with Samuel.
>Married 1806 to Anna Catherina Wolfferum, d.v. Martinus Wolfferum.
>Two children: Thomas Wolfferum HUDSON born 29 Jan 1813 and George Justus
born 4 Aug 1814.
>Died 6 Feb 1814 (details of cause not given in book).
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Warmest regards,
>
>Terry Waters-Marsh
>Rockhampton Queensland 4701 Australia
>Wiltshire FHS 6192; Gloucestershire FHS A5849; FIBIS 316; Cape Town FHS;
Hawkesbury & Hillesley FHS
>FreeCEN Coordinator - Wiltshire
> (visit the project at http://freecen.rootsweb.com)
>RESEARCHING:
>Dublin - KEENAN
>Dumfries - AFFLECK, BROWN, HENDERSON, KIRKPATRICK, MITCHELL, REID
>Essex - MARSH
>Gloucester - HALL, JORDON, MARSH, RICKARDS/RICHARDS, WEBB
>India - FREED, KEENAN, MARSH
>Kent - FREED, O'NEIL
>Monmouthshire - FREED
>Ruthwell - AFFLECK, REID
>Somerset - JORDON, MARSH
>South Africa - FREED, PAGE, REYNOLDS, WINTER
>Suffolk - KEENAN
>Sussex - FREED, O'NEIL
>Wiltshire - FLOWER, HALL, MARSH, PAGE
>Zambia - FREED, REYNOLDS, WATERS-MARSH
>
>ARCHIVE CD BOOKS - http://www.archivecdbooks.org
>A project to reproduce old books on CD for genealogists and pay for the
restoration of books in Record Offices, Libraries, etc.