SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2003-07 > 1058359643

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA] Devenish Family in South Africa
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:47:23 +0200

Hi Sharon

Contact Margaret HUMPHRIES who is also doing research on STRETCH. The last
email address I have for her is

This is Margaret's research breakdown -

Richard Alworth STRETCH, b.o. Capt. Charles Lennox STRETCH.
Only two brothers in the family.
Charles only had one child who died in infancy.

James St. Ledger STRETCH X Catherine DEVENISH
All of their children came out to South Africa.
Catherine herself also came out to South Africa after the death of James.
Children -
Ellen St. Ledger STRETCH
Richard Alworth STRETCH
Catherine STRETCH X GEORGE Bennett (this is Margaret's line of research)
Susan STRETCH
Charles Lennox STRETCH (Capt)

Good luck!

Best wishes
Becky
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Researching: HENWICK; HILL; HORN(E); MEREDITH; DEYZEL; LARSEN; WILSON;
LYNAR; HENNING; STERLEY; THECK; BEST; BRAUN, GREENER; GLANVILLE.