SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2003-09 > 1063697152

From: Colleen Thorne <>
Subject: Re: [ZA] Putting the fun back into genealogy
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:29:18 +0800

Hi Becky
These are the names I would like if you could send them to me.
Many thanks
COCK
PRINGLE
WHITE

Colleen

> BADEN-POWELL was the founder of the Scouting movement in South Africa. I
have been given these informative pamphlets that pertain to early settlers
in South Africa by a member of the Scouting movement in the Port Elizabeth
district.

> Brownies, Cubs, Girl Guides and Scouts all work for badges and one of
their projects was to identify early pioneers who disembarked on the shores
of South Africa. Some of the surnames are even lucky to have a Family Crest,
thanks to the imagination and creative flair of the child concerned. Sadly,
there are no names to identify the researcher.

> A brief history of the family has also been supplied. These are the names
that I have. If anybody would like to obtain more info, please just request
your surname of research. Who knows, your might just learn something new
pertaining to your family's history.

> Please remember, these pamphlets were drawn up by children. Allow them to
put the fun back into genealogy!

> AINSLIE
> ATHERSTONE
> BAILIE