SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2004-03 > 1079793010

From: "John Hunt" <>
Subject: RE: [ZA] Free burghers on Liesbeeck - Cloete
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:30:10 -0500

Hi Keith,
Thanks for your continued interest. This is indeed the missing link. It
ties up all the scraps of information I have been trying to link together.
I had always noted that Hermann Remajenne was from Cologne, as were Jacob
and Elsje Cloeten. Many of the properties were worked by partnerships of
two or more people, or people with paid workers.
How can I get the book in the USA? It sounds to me like a private,
limited edition. If someone can find it in SA, I don't mind buying it and
having it mailed.
My next request: For SKS in CT to find Ecklenburg Flats on Belmont Road
and get a photo & maybe a street map of some kind, so that I can ID the area
in the family history. That really would tie things in to the present day.
Again, I don't mind reimbursing expenses.

Thanks again,
John Hunt