SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2004-11 > 1101785715

From: "Nolene Lossau" <>
Subject: Johannesburg Transvaal Wesleyan Methodist Baptisms 1880
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:35:15 +0200

Herewith the next batch of baptisms from Johannesburg. You will note that
the first entries in these registers actually refer to places like
Potchefstroom, Klerksdorp, Pretoria etc but as the film is labeled
"Johannesburg" I have stuck to the LDS name for the heading

These extracts are from Item # 2 Microfilm# 1560880 Wesleyan Methodist -
Johannesburg Transvaal.

Please send me any corrections directly to me (I can miss messages just
posted to the list). Please use these extracts as a guide only and always
check the original registers for yourself!

The information is in the following order:
Register Ref number
Surname First Names
Parents names Normal place of residence/where born
Birth date
Baptism date
Where baptised

JHB149 SMITH Sarah Jane
Henry John & Julia Potchefstroom
1880/03/05
1880/03/08
at parents house

JHB150 GERHARDT Thomas Lebein?
Rudolph & Mary Ann Potchefstroom
1879/12/29
1880/03/28
Wesleyan Church

JHB151 MITCHELL George
George & Hannah Frederika Wolvefontein
1880/03/31
1880/05/17
Mission House

JHB152 WARDHAUGH James Jacob
William & Dina Johanna Hendrika Potchefstroom
1880/04/29
1880/06/06
Wesleyan Church

JHB153 EDWARDS Emma
James & Jessie Maria Potchefstroom
1873/02/16
1880/06/24
at parents house

JHB154 EDWARDS Florence
James & Jessie Maria Potchefstroom
1880/04/05
1880/06/24
at parents house

JHB155 BOARDMAN Mary Amelia
George Herbert & Bertha Buckkraal, Potchefstroom
1880/08/03
1880/08/30
Private House

JHB156 LINTETT? Charlotta Emily Henrietta
William & Catharina Jacoba Potchefstroom
1880/08/13
1880/10/14
Mission House

JHB157 VOGES Annie Margaret
Daniel John & Annie Susan Ventersdorp
1879/10/16
1880/11/12
School Room Ventersdorp

JHB158 VOGES? ANNERCORN? David Michael
Frank & Martha Jacoba Ventersdorp
1880/06/30
1880/11/12
School Room Ventersdorp

JHB159 HILTON Marianne Catherine
William James Lord & Maria Ventersdorp
1874/08/16
1880/11/13
Private House

JHB160 HILTON James Colley
William James Lord & Maria Ventersdorp
1876/08/16
1880/11/13
Private House

JHB161 HILTON John James
William James Lord & Maria Ventersdorp
1879/07/08
1880/11/13
Private House

JHB162 HICKS William Rowland
William Herbert & Jane Elin Potchefstroom
1880/10/23
1880/12/05
Mission House

JHB163 HARTLEY Estelle May
James Joseph & Marianne Elizabeth Potchefstroom
1880/09/06
1880/12/17
at parents house

More to follow