SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2005-07 > 1122817478

From: Andrew Rodger <>
Subject: Reply: Beelders Family History, Cape Town.
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:44:38 +1000

Dear Graeme, This letter may be rather late; however, I hope not. This
is Andrew's better half for what's that worth! I am a Luddite and am
hopeless with the computer so I am desperately hoping that you receive
this in time or are in a position to pass my telephone on to
Brendan.Our phone number is (03)94591898. I have several commitments
during the days to come but if Brendan is able to contact me at night
then we can arrange a time to meet or he may be able to come to
Heidelberg to our home.
Andrew is in the USA at present , visiting our daughter , Gillian and
I have just read an e-mail from him telling how very hot and humid it
is in Milwaukee; also that he is busy doing odd jobs about the place
which she purchased 2 years ago, Gillian lectures in the Music
department of Madison University in Milwaukee. She enjoys the challenge
of teaching in academia, although it is my fervent prayer that she will
return to Australia eventually. Andrew will return to Melbourne on the
18th August. I have until recently had my right hand and arm in a
plaster cast having had a freak accident in a garden at the end of
April & due to advanced age compared to the younger generation the
bones have taken ages to heal. It will be interesting to meet Brendan
so I hope that this will eventuate. My apologies for the delay in
replying but I only log on every 2-3 days and was surprised to find a
letter from you. Andrew is the computer buff and passes on all the
rootsweb information to me if relevant. I hope you receive this by the
1st August. Meanwhile, kind regards, Ann Rodger nee Beelders.
PS I shall now go and look up my file which has a list of all my
and the younger generation listed on the pages. the Beelders family
tree. His name is Brendan Beelders and is Clarence Beelders son. He
will be in Melbourne in the next week. I know this is sudden,,,,,,,,,,
is there any chance of him having a chat to yr wife and yourself
inorder to research the Beelders clan hopefully to fill in gaps ??
> I will understand if u cannot accomodate his request as it is
> at such short notice !! Keep well, Graeme Samuels.
>
> P.S. had my DNA tested earlier this year and am still
> poring over the results....G.S.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Rodger"
> <>

>>> WilliamsonSurn
>>> am
>>> eProject.htm
>>>
>>> So far we have had two participants, my self and Williamson, Kit #
>>> 10560.
>>> We had suspected we might have a common ancestor, but did not know
>>> for sure.
>>> The test results are back and we do have a common ancestor.
>>> Our markers are an exact match.
>>>
>>> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~williamsondnaproject/
>>> Williamson_Res
>>> ul
>>> ts.htm
>>>
>>> If any person in this list has the above surname, or knows anyone
>>> with
>>> the WILLIAMSON surname, please contact Richard Williamson at the
>>> following
>>> e-mail address .
>>>
>>> Richard
>>> Tucson, AZ
>>> Subject: Skeen/Skene DNA Project
>>>
>>> We started a DNA Skeen/Skene and other names of that ilk surname
>>> project
>>> about a year ago. To date we have had good results in the 12 marker
>>> test and
>>> have now broadened our project to include the 24 marker test.
>>> The sole purpose of the project is to find people with this surname
>>> that
>>> share a common ancestor, as well as identifying the different lines
>>> and
>>> possible points of origin for them.
>>> If any person in this list has the Skeen/Skene surname, or knows
>>> anyone with
>>> these surnames and ilk thereof, please contact me at
>>> .
>>> These tests only work for a male descendant that descends from a male
>>> descendant with the Skeen/Skene surname.
>>> Thank you kindly for your attention.
>>> Tom Skeen
>>> Subject: Skidmore Genealogy Surname Project
>>>
>>> A SKIDMORE surname DNA project using 26 Y DNA markers has been
>>> underway for
>>> the past several months at Relative Genetics www.relativegenetics.com
>>>
>>> Our purpose is to find out if people with this surname share a common
>>> ancestor, as well as confirming the published research on the
>>> different
>>> lines. Representatives of many of these lines live in the US,