SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2005-10 > 1128668333

From: "Richard Carlaw" <>
Subject: RE: [ZA] Rhodesian Anglican Church Registers
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:58:53 +0200

This is a very generous offer! I hope your trip goes well.

Regarding Death Notice lookups, it may be of assistance to others to know
that Death Notices for Rhodesia up to about 1970 have been microfilmed by
the LDS Church and are available in Family History Centres. I was able to
look up my g-grandfather's Death Notice (1935) at the FHC in Parktown,
Johannesburg.

The format is similar to the South African Death Notice, although there
doesn't appear to be an index and the records I looked at only seemed to
have the Death Notices - no additional info such as Will or Estate details.

Cheers
Richard