SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2005-10 > 1129390657

From: "Maureen Brady" <>
Subject: Correction: 1918 Re: [ZA] Re: Influenza epidemic 1818. (Eva/Krotoa & Pieter van Meerhof).
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:37:37 +0200

Hi Fred

Probably just a typo, but as all our messages go into archives, let's keep
it straight.

The M&G article "Killer 1918 virus exhumed" mentions that the recreation
process involved, among others, tissue samples "isolated from the lungs of a
woman victim whose body had later frozen in the Alaskan permafrost". Now
that I have my copy of the M&G before me, I also see that the "Guardian"
article itself was reporting on an article from the prestigious journal
"Nature".

Regards
Maureen