SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2006-05 > 1147132852

From: "Bev Walker" <>
Subject: RE: [ZA] RE. HELP NEEDED PLEASE.
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:00:52 +1000

Hello Leanne,
Thankyou so much for your assistance.
I did find the refs below last night but
didn't know how to go any further.
I find NAAIRS hard to follow.
The information about Grant Sloan is correct
also the name of his widow,(wife). We
can't find any info about her returning to
Australia where she was born, maybe she
married again?

I don't understand about them needing a special
marriage licence as they were married in Melbourne
just before they sailed for SA.
I will try the LDS and see if I can order a film in
but I have been told that to hire a researcher is
very expensive, would that be correct?

Thanks again,
Regards,.....Bev