SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2006-10 > 1160392275

From: "Caroline De BRUIN" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] De Bruen/ De Bruijn /De Bruyn/ De Bruin
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:11:15 +0200

HI,
It indicates that he was employed by the Company at the end of February
1692 in Amsterdam and arrived in the Cape during the winter of 1692.
It is also recorded that he descended from Vredenburg,although there is no
such name in Nederlands.It is postulated that Vredenburg could have been a
cluster of houses and monastery in the previously known barony van Breda.

regards

Carol DE BRUIN
BELGIUM