Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2006-10 > 1160505860

From: "Conrod Mercer" <>
Subject: [SOUTH-AFRICA] eGSSA Membership Drive
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:44:20 +0200

Hi All,

I was requested to post this message on behalf of the eGGSA:

eGSSA, the virtual branch of the Genealogy Society of South Africa (GSSA),
a special offer for new members who join before the end of the year:

- Membership and member benefits through the end of 2007 (up to 15 months
the price of 12).
- Access to the 2006 copies of genesis and Familia.
- A discount on your first order of archives document photographs. (Your
first document, up to three pages, can be free.)

Benefits of eGSSA Membership include:

- eGSSA's quarterly journal, genesis
- GSSA's quarterly journal, Familia
- Special Member pricing of products for sale on the eGSSA web site
- A service to photograph documents in the Cape Town, Bloemfontein and
Pretoria Archives. This service is available to GSSA Members only.
- e-Mail notices of special events, and newsletters from other Branches of
- Your support of a significant (non-profit) effort to preserve South
archival records, while making them available to a global audience
- Easy payment for dues, products, and services from any country via PayPal
South African bank draft, or by local cheque (USA, UK, Aus, .).

Our website is located at - please visit and see the
many helpful and interesting items you will find:

- "How to" articles on South African genealogy
- An index to Familia ( and a way to
order copies (
- Books to download free of charge
- An extensive (and growing) database of cemetery photographs (currently
about 6000 items):
- An extensive (and growing) library of photos of archive documents
(currently just more than 3600 items, with 800 more in the process of being
- Original web articles and exclusive transcriptions
- An online shop (, where you can
many genealogy items such as:
- The shop also has a popular "cultural" section, where you will find items
such as a CD of Afrikaans songs and poetry.

There is no charge for access to the eGSSA website, but it is made possible
its members. Members do however have access to additional functionality.

Should you wish to obtain more information, please visit our website or contact one of the current management team:

Daan Hamman -

Keith Meintjes -

Richard Ball -

Colin Pretorius -