SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2006-10 > 1160816314

From: "Leanne Starkey" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] HOGAN
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:58:34 +0200

Hi Millicent,

Some entries i've come across thus far:

Catholic Registry of Deaths - Grahamstown

1839 Novem 19th Died at Fort England Denis HOGAN priv. of 27th Regt.
Received the Sacraments & Last Rites of the Church from me previously.
[signed] J.M.

1842 May 6th HOGAN a discharged soldier of the 75th Regt and a Catholic in
Mr. H. NOURS's service cut his throat in a Kloof outside Graham's Town & was
buried there by some of his friends.
[signed] J.M.

[J.M. is James Murphy]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Baptism Registers i can only find one HOGAN entry.

Catholic Baptism Registry [for the period 1838 -1890]
1865 July 8th
[probably on a visitation to the District of Graaf Reinett - Baptism on July
2nd performed at Graaf Reinett and July 16th at Burgersdorp]
(Absol)Margaret Julia HOGAN (aged 1 month) of Daniel & Mary HOGAN.
[sponsors]Edward LYNCH & Margaret LYNCH
[signed]J.Ricards

There are a number of HOGGAN (the parent's David & Sarah of Cradock) and
HAGAN (parents
James & Catherine of Queenstown)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pupils enrolled at St. Aidan's College, Grahamstown
1876 HOGGAN, James
1920 HOGAN, John
1921 HOGAN, William

I'm nowhere near finished the transcribes, but will keep an eye out. I'm
going to upload all the info to the lists once i've collated and checked
everything too.

Best wishes
Leanne

This thread: