SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2006-10 > 1161539425

From: Mary Carling <>
Subject: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Moss family
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:50:25 +0100

I am researching my husband's family history. His grandmother was
Florence Moss who was born in Jo'burg in 1886 as was her siblings.
Her father was Charles Moss born Norfolk, England 1844 who, we were
told, was a Diamond Merchant in Jo'burg. late 1800s. His other
children were Charles b.1879. William b. 1882. and Alice b. 1886.
According to the 1901 census Charles Moss was Hotel proprietor of The
Railway Hotel Croydon. I haven't been able to find his wife and think
if I found the children's birth certs. hopefully the mother would be
shown.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mary Carling
U.K.