SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2007-11 > 1196172249

From: Karel Marais <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Was :query Now: Lucretia Farm
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:04:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,
http://www.demarcation.org.za/municprofileonline/location.aspx?code=FS191&type=Local
confirmsthat this is the farm name, I presume the dam was named after the farm or that the dam was named after a small community by that name.
I also found the following Lat 28 deg 28 min, Long 26 deg 57 min as the grid referencre for the weather station there. This may be on the farm but could as easily be at the DWAF offices at the dam.
Lets hope somebody from the area can confirm this or somebody can check on a GPS that has the correct maps loaded.
Kind regards,
Karel Marais

"A. Labuschagne" <> wrote:
Thanks Karel, Thanks for the info, I did find a Lucretia Dam that was near
Clocolan when I was searching the web, but I don't think this was the
Lucretia mentioned on my Jan Harm's marriage certificate. That was the only
reference of a Lucretia that I found in the OFS at this stage. Seeing the
farms were not marked on the maps it is going to take me some time to
unravel this mystery. I was hoping that someone that lives in the
Ladybrand Dist might know if there was a farm with that name. Keep well
AndriƩ