SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2008-02 > 1202103264

From: "Peter Jones" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Kaschula, kasaval, kasvalu
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 07:34:24 +0200

Hi Tessa,

There was a family Kaschula in Gwelo/Gweru in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. The most
well known member was cricketer Richie who was a spin bowler in the
Rhodesian Side. He was a national selector until 2006. There was also a
Kaschula in the Rhodesian Air Force whose nickname was "Beaver"; I don't
remember his first name.

If you look up the Rhodesian Names Database on www.rhodesia.com, there are
three married women reflected with Kaschula as their maiden name. E-mail
addresses are given although these could be out-of-date.

The Zimbabwe online telephone directory; www.telone.co.zw/directory.html
still shows a few Kaschulas.

Pete