SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2010-03 > 1268230895

From: Sandra Pote <>
Subject: [SOUTH-AFRICA] JEAREY family - originally from Norwich, Norfolk,United Kingdom
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:21:35 +0200

Hi

I am trying to trace details of the following JEAREY relatives and wondered
if anyone has any information that may help.

My grandmother's mother was Bertha Jearey who married James Cochrane
Robertson in Knysna, according to his death notice of 14 Apr 1929. Bertha's
father was Thomas Jearey, whose father was in turn Robert Jearey, whose
father was in turn another Thomas Jearey b abt 1775 in Norwich, Norfolk,
England.

I have as yet been unsuccessful in finding a death notice (or any other
record) of Bertha and hence I have as yet not been able to substantiate the
above ancestry that was told to me by a niece of my grandmothers.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sandra Pote

This thread: