SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2010-03 > 1269252160

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] SALVESEN - Empangeni
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:02:40 +0200

Hi Eileen,

Pls may I have the ISBN no for the book on Empangeni (my hometown from 1973
to 1986). I remember Loftheims - it is now something else though!

Mention of the Scandinavian names leads me to recall that they were fairly
well represented in Empangeni: TB HILLESTAD was a general dealer. ERIKSEN
brothers was a wholesaler where my mother worked for a number of years, I
had a boyfriend named Jonathan OLSEN, I recall also BRAUTESETH family and
NEILSEN'S Auctioneers.

Rgds
Marielle