SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2010-05 > 1272894742

From: "Graham Dickason" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Naturalised citizenship
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:52:22 +0200

In the period referred to , there were four separate British colonies,
Transvaal, Natal, Free State and Cape Colony.
If he was born in America or in Europe outside of the United Kingdom, he
would have been required to
apply for naturalization. British subject status was not accorded through
residence only.
Graham