SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2010-05 > 1273574600

From: "Nivard Ovington" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] jpeg images
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:43:20 +0100

Hi Claudine

There is an excellent free image viewer / manipulator called irfanview

Available here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_irfanview/

Very useful for cropping, altering images

Try converting to negative it works well on grave stones and census pages

Whatever you do, make a copy first and work on that

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

> Hi all listers
>
> Does anyone have experience with playing around with jpeg images? I have
> jpeg copy of a census form but it is so dark and the writing looks faded.
> cannot make out anything and I have tried playing around with the image to
> no avail.
>
> Regards
>
> Claudine

This thread: