SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2010-06 > 1276603209

From: Joan HOPE <>
Subject: [SOUTH-AFRICA] HOBSON family tree available
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

After having recently returned from South Africa, avoiding the present chaos and influx of visitors, I have left a copy of recently compiled twelve page (A1-size) HOBSON family tree, complete with index with William Jervois in the Albany Museum. It covers as many of the known descendants of the two brothers, William Carey and David Edmund HOBSON who came out with the 1820 settlers.

The tree consists of BERRINGTON, NASH, BIGGS, McNAUGHTON and many other well known Karoo families. I am still trying to find some of the more illusive branches... (as always!)

Joan Hope

This thread: