SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2011-09 > 1315738058

From: "" <>
Subject: [SOUTH-AFRICA] BAPTIE/REDMOND/THOMAS Brick wall
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:47:38 +1100

Hi Listers, this is my first post, hope im doing this right :)

I have had much success with NAAIRS, however I have now hit a brick wall. Searching for my family is still very new to me, so any direction, will be most welcome? None of the following names can be found at NAAIRS?

Peter Thomas Redmond, born in Ireland, possibly Dublin, Married Mary Thomas in Kimberley. Peter died 28th March around 1928 most likely in JHB as he lived and worked in JHB. Peter and Mary had at least one child Catherine Mary Redmond, born 8th Aug around 1918

Jospeh Redmond, grandchild of Peter and Mary above. DOB 19th Aug 1925/8, I have a note saying he died before 1949

Peter Thomas is the Father of Mary Thomas above. I can only find a record of a Peter Thomas (TAB) who died in 1921, but this is not him as this man was never married, nor did he have children. Died most likely in Cape Town, but possibly anywhere?

Angela Dolorus Baptie died as a minor aged 17, Date of Death 2 Dec 1968. DOB 27th Dec around 1951. Born and died in JBH.
Sheldon Cecil Baptie died in JHB between 1993 and 1998. DOB 22th Sept around 1946
Anthony David Baptie died in JHB 15th April 1993. DOB 6th May around 1954
Daphne Baptie DOB 26th May around 1935, son David Joseph Baptie, DOB 30th Jan around 1958

Guiseppe Baptie
Florence Baptie Parents of Joseph Cecil Baptie. I got parents names from Joseph's death notice. Joseph was born in Natal, so his parents possibly died in Natal. Guiseppe and Florenece also children, Kennie, Gilbert and Kay.

I am really not sure if anyone can help me, however I would appreciate any assistance or direction in this matter. At what point does one use a professional researcher and who does one use?

Thankyou Kindly
Tania

This thread: