SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2011-12 > 1324251006

From: "Tombi Peck" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] William Harrison
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 23:30:06 -0000

Hi Pat,
These are members of my Glen Avon Hart family....

Cornelia's name was actually Cornelia Magrietha HART born 19 Feb 1869
Somerset East, Eastern Cape of Good Hope died 12 July 1953 Lydenberg,
Transvaal, Union of South Africa who married twice. One husband, which I
presume must have been her second husband as they had no children was Willie
FOURIE.

As you correctly say her other husband was Charles Philip LIVERSAGE born
18th May 1869 in York Natal died 31st January 1925 Fairview Farm,
Klipfontein, Middelburg, Transvaal, Union of South Africa. He was christened
on the 23rd January in York Natal.
He was the 10th child of Charles LIVERSAGE born 19th October 1833 Manley
Flats, near Bathurst, Albany, Eastern Cape of Good Hope died 22 August 1906
Vryheid, Natal Colony; his mother was Marta Isabella Magdalena or (Maria
Magdalena Isabella) MARTENS who was born on the 11nd February 1830 in
Pietermaritzburg, Natal. She died 7 September 1884 in Natal. They were
married on the 20th October 1856 in Pietermaritzburg, Natal.
The children of this marriage were:
1. Anna Maria Johanna Thomasina LIVERSAGE b about 1857 Pietermaritzburg,
Natal + spouse
2. Harriet Elizabeth Victoria LIVERSAGE b 5 December 1858 Pietermaritzburg,
Natal + spouse
3. Maria Magdalena LIVERSAGE born 7 March 1860, Pietermaritzburg, Natal +
spouse
4. Samuel Eckhard LIVERSAGE born 6 July 1861, Pietermaritzburg, Natal +
spouse
5. Jan Thomas Martens LIVERSAGE born 8 July 1862 Greytown, Natal + spouse
6. Charles George LIVERSAGE born 16 October 1863 Greytown, Natal
7. Martha Elisabeth LIVERSAGE born about 1864 Greytown, Natal + spouse
8. Johanna Thomasina Martina LIVERSAGE born 14 June 1866 Greytown, Natal +
spouse
9. William Hendrik LIVERSAGE born 30 Nov 1867 Greytown, Natal + spouse
10. Charles Phillip LIVERSAGE born 18 May 1869 York, Natal + spouse
11. Elizabeth Catharina Jacoba LIVERSAGE born 7 June 1871 York, Natal died 4
June 1872
12. Sarah Georgina Ellen LIVERSAGE born 30 March1873 York, Natal + spouse
13. Victoria Henryetta LIVERSAGE born 16 January 1875 York, Natal died 23
Apr 1875
14. Henrijetta Jacoba Petronella LIVERSAGE born 16 January 1877 York, Natal
+ spouse
15. Wilhelmina Magdalena LIVERSAGE born 16 February 1879 York, Natal +
spouse

Charles Phillip LIVERSAGE & Cornelia 'Nellie' Magrietha HART were married on
the 15th June 1891 in Barbeton, Transvaal Republic.
Their children were:
1. Cecil LIVERSAGE born on Burnside Farm, Carolina, Transvaal Republic
2. Alice Hart LIVERSAGE born about 1891 Burnside Farm, Carolina, Transvaal
Republic
3. Christina Henrietta LIVERSAGE born 29 April 1892 Burnside Farm,
Carolina, Transvaal Republic died 12 July 1953 Pretoria, Transvaal, Union of
South Africa

The following information applies to her mother & several siblings I have
inserted the information here as the information was found with respect to
her.

She was in the Middelburg Concentration Camp from the 10th August 1901
Information found by Jenny Culhane at
http://www.lib.uct/ac/za/mss/bccd/Person/84546/Charles_Philipp_Liversage/
information received by me 23rd August 2010.

BRITISH CONCENTRATION CAMPS OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN WAR 1900-1902

Personal Details:

Name: Mrs Charles Philipp LIVERSAGE

Born in the Camp? No

Died in the Camp? No