SOUTH-AFRICA-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA > 2013-08 > 1377844963

From: Andrew Rodger <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] US Immigration Records: Free Access
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:42:43 +1000

Tried it on both my browsers (Safari and Firefox), and it appeared
momentarily* and immediately vanished. My OS is a bit out of date so
I haven't been able to update some applications any further, but
still, one would expect such a site to be able to accommodate older
browsers.

*(In the English sense, i.e. "for a moment", not the US usage meaning
"in a moment"! In actual fact, one browser brought it up slightly
slower than the other, and it also lasted about three times as long
before vanishing, but to long enough to allow one to read more than
the first few words.)

On 30 Aug 2013, at 9:14 AM, Keith Meintjes wrote:

> There is free access to US immigration and travel records through
> Monday:
>
> http://www.ancestry.com/cs/us/immigration
>
> Keith

Andrew Rodger