SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS > 2002-12 > 1039103442

From: "walterboswell" <>
Subject: Re: [SE Pioneers] Re: STARNES
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:50:42 -0600
References: <20021201170238.17212.qmail@web10304.mail.yahoo.com> <003b01c29964$cf8b7e00$8489b73f@com> <00d001c299c1$e4f38e60$11c4a3d1@0019347759> <007901c29a79$1badf1e0$a1c8b83f@com> <01a101c29a7b$32e1a9e0$0509f640@computer> <00a101cca818$807da0a0$724d11d1@default> <000a01c29a83$c27906e0$dd09f640@computer> <011d01cca81d$7b509ba0$724d11d1@default> <004d01c29ae5$a633dc00$e659de42@eagnet.com> <005401c29b45$9ac2c6a0$21a7d618@.knology.net> <000b01c29b7b$52f70bc0$1e58de42@eagnet.com> <001c01c29bb2$b9fdd7e0$21a7d618@.knology.net> <001b01c29bfa$64f4f6a0$f859de42@eagnet.com>

No problem, Doris. Take your time, and I really appreciate this.

Walt Boswell

Montgomery, AL
From: "Doris St Claire" <>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [SE Pioneers] Re: STARNES

> I will need to go out to get the copies made, my printer does not make
book
> copies. In a few days I will scan
> them to you.
> Doris
> From: "walterboswell" <>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 11:32 AM
> Subject: Re: [SE Pioneers] Re: STARNES
> > Oh, Doris, I would really appreciate it if would you copy the material
on
> > Jubal Starns from the book and send it to me. I am legally blind, so I
> can't
> > read from hard copy without the computer. If you can send photocopies or
> > electronic images, I can put them on my hard drive. That way I can read
> the
> > material. Let me know what this all comes to in terms of cost and I'll
be
> > more than happy to reimburse you. If you have a scanner, you can scan
the
> > pages and send them by attachment to my e-mail address--
> > If you don't have a scanner, you can photocopy the material and mail it
to
> > me at 6008 Bolingbrook Drive, Montgomery, AL 36117. I would really
> > appreciate it. Jubal Starns' parents would be my seventh great
> grandparents.
> > I am interested in anything I can find on him and his direct line.
> > Thanks a million,
> > Walt Boswell
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Doris St Claire" <>
> > To: <>
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 3:55 AM
> > Subject: Re: [SE Pioneers] Re: STARNES
> > > Yes, this book referres to "SHUBAEL STARNES" on pages
> > > 219-704-711-712-718-719-720
> > >
> > > "Rev. SHUBAEL STARNES" on pages 711 - 724
> > > IsaacSTEARNS and wife, Mary, emigrated in the year 1630 on the
"ARABULA"
> > > from Suffolk County, England
> > > to Watertown, Mass. Two of his brothers emigrated with him.
> > >
> > > There is too much to copy here, but if you would like I can make
copies
> > and
> > > send them to you or you can try to find the book through your local
> > library.
> Guilford
> > > Co.
> > > > North Carolina... now Randolph County. His sister Martha Stearns
> married
> > > > Daniel MARSHALL, another well-known Baptist Elder. Daniel and Martha
> > > Stearns
> > > > MARSHALL are my sixth great grandparents.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > I am taking the liberty of adding to the confusion of the Starnes
> > > > ancestry.
> > > > > Herman and Gerald Starnes wrote a book "OF THOSE WHO LEFT A NAME
> > BEHIND"
> > > > > it is very intresting and gives a genealogy of the STARNES line.
> > > > > I have this book and will be happy to look up names for anyone.
> > > > >
> > > > > > little more complicated, James Pleasant Starnes son, Henry
Martin
> > > > Starnes,
> > > > > > married James Pleasant's brother Flavious LeGrande Starnes
> daughter,
> > > Ida
> > > > > > Josephine Starnes.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Confusing, what?!
> > > > > > > Jaunice
> > > > > > Lizzie"
> > > > > > > (BARRON) STARNES; she was his 2nd wife and my husband
descends
> > > from
> > > > > the
> > > > > > 1st
> > > > > > > wife, Sarah Jane THOMPSON.
> > > > > > > I see STARNES in Laurens County, SC. Thanks, Audrey
> > > > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > > > From: JAUNICE N YORK <>
> > > > > > > To: <>
> > > > > > > Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:22 PM
> > > > > > > Subject: Re: [SE Pioneers] Passports to travel through the
> > Indian
> > > > > > > Nations -Hicks or Cloud
> > > > > > > > Pat,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Do you by any chance have a Starns or Starnes listed in
the
> > > book.
> > > > > > > Whenever you have time.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just
> that
> > > > > > personal.
> > > > > > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject
> other
> > > > than
> > > > > > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > > > > > >
> spamming,
> > > > > rude
> > > > > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
> > > > personal.
> > > > > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other
> > than
> > > > > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > > > > > People will forget what you said and forget what you did but
> > they
> > > > will
> > > > > > never forget how you made them feel. Be kind and considerate in
> all
> > > > > things.
> > > > > > > ==== SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS Mailing List ====
> > > > > > > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO
spamming,
> > > > rude
> > > > > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
> > > > personal.
> > > > > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other
> > than
> > > > > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > > > > > People will forget what you said and forget what you did but
> > > > > > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming,
> > > rude
> > > > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
> > > personal.
> > > > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other
> than
> > > > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming,
> > rude
> > > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
> > personal.
> > > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other
than
> > > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > > >
> > > > ==== SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS Mailing List ====
> > > > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming, no
> rude
> > > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
> personal.
> > > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other than
> > > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > > >
> > > > People will forget what you said and forget what you did but they
will
> > > never forget how you made them feel. Be kind and considerate in all
> > things.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ==== SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS Mailing List ====
> > > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming, no
rude
> > treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that
personal.
> > This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other than
> > Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > >
> > > People will forget what you said and forget what you did but they will
> > never forget how you made them feel. Be kind and considerate in all
> things.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > ==== SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS Mailing List ====
> > Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming, no rude
> treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that personal.
> This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other than
> Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> > People will forget what you said and forget what you did but they will
> never forget how you made them feel. Be kind and considerate in all
things.
> ==== SOUTHEAST-PIONEERS Mailing List ====
> Please stick to the subject of Southeast Pioneers. NO spamming, no rude
treatment of others. Personal comments should be kept just that personal.
This is a big list I ask that you refrain from any subject other than
Genealogical research of South East Pioneers.
> People will forget what you said and forget what you did but they will
never forget how you made them feel. Be kind and considerate in all things.