SOUTHERN-UNIONIST-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTHERN-UNIONIST > 2007-01 > 1168153217

Subject: Re: [SOUTHERN-UNIONIST] Andersonville Civil War POW site
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 02:00:17 EST

In a message dated 1/5/2007 10:34:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
> Hey gang,
> Just a short reminder to the vets and newbies at this site of my free
> research for the asking here at Andersonville Civil War Prisoner of War site. There
> are more than 41000 Union soldiers on record from all states, and 6714 are
> from New York. Please email me directly at with request so we
> dont tie up the county site.
> Kevin
> Andersonville Historic Site Historian / NPS Volunteer
> www.angelfire.com/ga2/Andersonvilleprison/index.html

Kevin,

Is there any information about their incarcerations beyond the basic dates
and the little bit of hospital information found in the Compiled Service
Records? I've wondered if there may have been anything more specific about the
incarceration of a handful of men from the 39th Kentucky Infantry (also called the
39th Kentucky Mounted Infantry and the 39th Kentucky Volunteer Infantry).
One man in particular, Solomon Kennedy (or Kenady), died in Andersonville after
only briefly serving and then returning to his home neighborhood to try to
recruit his friends and family. He was captured and sent to prison where he
died.

Robert M. Baker,
London, KY

This thread: