SOUTHERN-UNIONIST-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTHERN-UNIONIST > 2008-10 > 1223416020

From: "Charlie Crow" <>
Subject: Re: [SOUTHERN-UNIONIST] Corinth, Camp Davies and Camp Glendale
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:47:08 -0500

My great-great-grandfather, Jpohn Quincy Adams Gardner, was a native of
Tuscaloosa, Alabama and refused to join the confederate rebellion. He was
one of the 1st Alabama Unionists and had to spirit his family away from
Alabama to a holding camp in Jackson, Tennessee. When he mustered out he
moved them to Southern Illinois and then settled in Southeast Missouri.

Charlie Crow