SOUTHERN-UNIONIST-L Archives

Archiver > SOUTHERN-UNIONIST > 2008-10 > 1223428800

Subject: Re: [SOUTHERN-UNIONIST] Corinth, Camp Davies and Camp Glendale
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:20:00 EDT

Ditto here... into my second year as a grad student in my second masters
program (and facing masters comps exams in less than two weeks... Yikes!).

I see this project as a filter for the best info. We read a claim and
discuss our take on it (as unbiased as we can be), along with some valuable quotes
from the claim (we can't forget the value of first person narrative). All of
the claims, whether allowed, barred or disallowed, are of interest. In fact,
I ran across one barred claim that was great. You could read right through the
man applying. He was in it for one thing... to get money, and the real
Unionists ratted him out in the investigation process. He was actually involved
during the war in making iron goods for the Confederacy (especially a lot of
horseshoes, nails, and the like).

Robert Moore

In a message dated 10/7/2008 9:14:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,