SPRINGMAN-L Archives

Archiver > SPRINGMAN > 2009-03 > 1236719072

From: ,
Subject: Re: [SPRINGMAN] Fague K Springman
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:04:32 -0000

Author: OCFLSnowbirds
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.springman/65.4/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I recently dug out and began to play four 33 1/3 rpm records Fague Springman recorded in the early 50's.
I was a student of Fague Springman's at the University of Maryland in the mid to late 50's. He was an Asssitant Professor in the Music Deaprtment and also led the Men's Chorus,Women's Chorus and University Chapel Choir. (I was President of the choir.)
The last time I saw Fague was when I visited him in Takoma Park, Maryland the summer of 1958. He and his wife were greaving the loss of their daughter who was laid out in a casket in their living room. The daugher had been the poster child for, I believe, the Lukemia Association, in the mid 50's.
Fague came to the University after a carrer in New York where he was the soloist at Radio City Music Hall. He also had performed at Carniege Hall and was solosit on the Bell Telephone Hour TV Show. He was also choir director at Fourth Presbyterian Church which relocated from downtown Washington to the Maryland surburban area in 1955 or 1956.
I can possibly provide additional informatiuon if you wish to contact me.
Sorry for the long delay in contacting you but I just found your info by googling Fague Springman the internet today.

Important Note: