SPRINKLE-L Archives

Archiver > SPRINKLE > 2000-07 > 0962985923

From: <>
Subject: [SPRINKLE] TN Census Re: M. C. Sprinkle
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:05:23 EDT

Aleta and Kristy,

I only have certain census pages that were sent to me by a person in TN.
Supposedly, these were the only census records available for Maury and Wayne
counties which listed "Sprinkle's."

An 1870 Wayne county census page list a Micajah Sprinkle Age 32, a TN Wayne
county census of male inhabitants lists M. Sprinkle age 53, a 1900 Wayne
county census lists him b. Dec., 1837. This Micajah is the son of Richard
Thomas Sprinkle.

The only other reference to an "M" Sprinkle, other than the 1860 census of
Maury county, is a Micajah Sprinkle on the 1910 Wayne county census age 40
years.

The only 1870 census page that I have is, as mentioned earlier, for Wayne
county and it lists:
Sprinkle, Micajah age 32 M W
Sprinkle, Nancy E. age 26 F W
Sprinkle, Eugenia L. age 4/12 M W

In answer to your question, Kristy, the page number for the 1860 census of
Maury county, listing William Sprinkles and Susan, is 2_7. The _ looks like
a "2". Sorry that I can't be more positive but it is almost blacked out on
my copy.

There is one record for an M. C. Sprinkle which I found yesterday and it is:

Tennessee Death Records 1908-19112 : S (pt.9) which lists:

M. C. Sprinkle Wayne County 1912.

Scott

This thread: