STACKHOUSE-L Archives

Archiver > STACKHOUSE > 1998-07 > 0900699673

From: <>
Subject: Richard STACKHOUSE b. ca. 1612 died after 1693 Beverly MA
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:21:13 EDT

Hello

Does anyone have information on my New England ancestor Richard STACKHOUSE
brn. ca. 1612 died after 1693 Beverly MA. His wife was "Susannah" and they
were possibly first at Salem MA according to Walter Goodwin Davis in his "The
Ancestry of Bethia Harris..." Their daughter Esther brn. c. 1651 died after 16
Jul 1714 who married c. 1672 ?Ipswich MA "Marshall"John HARRIS brn. 8 Oct 1649
Rowley MA.

Several years ago I found a 1935 publication by William R. Stackhouse that
states that the author feels my ancestor is the one of that name bapt. 7 Sep
1623 Giggleswick WRY England and that he was possibly the son of James of
Stackhouse WRY. In turn he goes on to say that this James was possibly the
son of Anthony bapt. 1558 who in turn was the son of a James buried 28 Jan
1592 Giggleswick WRY and 1st wife "Agnes".

I have researched Yorkshire England parish registers but I have never been
able to make the connection.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,
Bob White