STAFFORDSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > STAFFORDSHIRE > 2006-04 > 1145870514

From: "Fallon and Nathan" <>
Subject: Re: [STS] Gallipoli
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:21:54 +1200

An ancestor of mine died, Arthur COCHRANE I believe.

I thought us Kiwis and Aussies felt it more because more soldiers died
(ratio wise) on our sides than the Britons. I don't know everything about
Gallipoli but have heard the oldies talk about the Britons pushing the
ANZACs in first, so they'd get buggered and then put their own men in. I'll
have to have a look at that.

There was a good film/documentary recently we went to about Gallopoli from 3
sides. It was very interesting.

Fallon