Archiver > STAFFORDSHIRE > 2007-08 > 1188389669

From: william simcock <>
Subject: Re: [STAFFORDSHIRE] Simcock
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:14:29 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for your message, Norm. The furthest back Simcock ancestor I have is Joseph Simcock, whom I only know from his son Peter's marriage certificate. Peter was born in Leek in 1836 according to Census information - I suppose his father could have come from Horton.

Unfortunately from a research point of view, I no longer live in Staffordshire, so I don't think I'll be able to follow that line back any further unless I make a special trip to the County archives, or until the relevant Parish records become available on line.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your findings.