STAMPER-L Archives

Archiver > STAMPER > 1999-03 > 0922203430

From: "Golden Ferguson" <>
Subject: Re: Relations
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:37:10 -0500

Bonnie

Read your message. My maiden name is Combs. Are any of your Combs in
Breathitt and surrounding area? The Hogg and Cornett name is a common name
in the Combs line; and also in this area.

My grandfather was Goley Combs; s/o John L and Sally Deaton Combs; s/o
Richard 'Craig' Combs. Goley Combs md 1 Adinah Combs. Their Combs line
crossed back several generations earlier. My grandfather just passed away a
few weeks ago at the age of 90+ years.

Golden Combs Ferguson
Breathitt Co, KY

----------
> From: Bertelson Bonnie-QA4117
<>
> Subject: RE: Relations
> Date: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 10:23 AM
>
> Liz,
>
> Thanks! I got on the Stamper mail list, too!
>
> Now:
>
> Troy Stamper (Granddad) was raised by his Aunt (nee Stamper) and Uncle,
> surname Hogg (George?) in Kingdom Come. There was also an Aunt named
> Cornett, a doctor as I recall, related to Grandmother (Minta Ison)from
the
> same area. Maybe James Stamper is an uncle, brother to Granddad. I will
> check.
>
> Granddad's mother's maiden name was Combs. Granddad's father's name was
> George Stamper. Granddad had a brother who was crippled, named Thomas.
>
> I have more info about Granddad's sibblings and Grandmother's relations,
> too. The info is at home and I will send it to you. I will copy this note
> the Stamper list as well.
>
> Thanks again,
> Bonnie Stamper Bertelson

This thread: