STAMPER-L Archives

Archiver > STAMPER > 2003-10 > 1065483521

From: <>
Subject: Re: [STAMPER] john stamper
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:38:43 -0400

I know different people believe that the father is different, but I
haven't seen any proof of that either, and so far this is the only thing
close to proof that I've seen. I hope someone will be able to come up with
more info. I would love to see it. I hope this info. will help.

Thank you,
Pam :-)
Pamela Stamper-Fitch

Descendants of Phillipe "Philip" Stamper

Generation No. 1

1. PHILLIPE "PHILIP"1 STAMPER He married WENIFFRID "WINIFRYDE" HODGSHON June
17, 1645 in Crosthwaite, Cumberland, England.

Notes for PHILLIPE "PHILIP" STAMPER:

Obtain information from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
Source FHC. Main International Genealogical Index 4.00--British Isles, On
Phillipe & Weniffrid showing the Christening Record of: John Stamper
Christening on 16 May 1647, Crosthwaite, Cumberland, England.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Source FHC. Main
International Genealogical Index.

Batch # M00300 Dates: 1562-1599 Source Call No. 0962148 IT 7 Type: Film
Printout Call No. 6904548 Type: Film.

Batch # M003011 Dates: 1600-1669 Source Call No. 0924744 IT 2 Type: Film.

Batch # M003011 Dates: 1670-1812 Source Call NO. 0926148 IT 8 Type: Film.

Marriage between Phillipe Stamper & Weniffrid Hodgshon: Gender: M Marriage:
17 Jun 1645 Crosthwaite, Cumberland, England.

Child of PHILLIPE STAMPER and WENIFFRID HODGSHON is:

2. i. JOHN2 STAMPER, b. 1647, Crosthwaite, Cumberland, England; d. 1690,
Middlesex Co. VA..

Generation No. 2

2. JOHN2 STAMPER (PHILLIPE "PHILIP"1)1 was born 1647 in Crosthwaite,
Cumberland, England, and died 1690 in Middlesex Co. VA.. He married (1)
DORCAS Abt. 1660 in Middlesex, Virginia. was born in England, and died July
16, 1667 in Middlesex Co., VA.. He married (2) ELIZABETH Abt. 1667 in Christ
Church, Middlesex County, VA. was born Abt. 1647 in England, and died April
29, 1683. He married (3) CAREW 'CAREY SUSANNAH' May 08, 1684 in Christ
Church, Middlesex Co, VA. She was born Abt. 1650, and died Abt. 1712 in
Middlesex Co. Va.

Notes for JOHN STAMPER:

Obtain information from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
Source FHC. Main International Genealogical Index 4.00--British Isles, Show
John & Elizabeth having John born in Virginia & Powell born in England. I
believe that Jonathan 'John' Stamper was born from John's first wife Dorcas,
possibly she died in childbirth or soon after having him???

Ancestral File Number: 1BK4-77N

Source: FHC

Husband: John Stamper b 1647 England

Wife: Elizabeth b 1647 England

Children:

1. John Stamper b 1667 VA

2. Powell Stamper b 1680 England

More About JOHN STAMPER:

Christening: May 16, 1647, Crosthwaite, Cumberland, England

Notes for ELIZABETH:

Ancestral File Number: 1BKO-HS1.

Marriage Notes for JOHN STAMPER and CAREW SUSANNAH':

Married by Mr. Pead.

Child of JOHN STAMPER and DORCAS is:

i. JONATHAN 'JOHN'3 STAMPER, b. August 29, 1667, Middlesex Co., VA; m.
HANNAH, Abt. 1700, Philadelphia, PA?; b. Abt. 1680, PA?; d. 1752,
Philadelphia, PA2.

Child of JOHN STAMPER and ELIZABETH is:

ii. POWELL3 STAMPER, b. 1680, England; d. May 22, 1727, Middlesex Co. Va; m.
MARY MARTHA BROOKS, April 10, 1708, Christ Church, Middlesex Co, VA3; b. May
1687, Middlesex Co, VA.

More About POWELL STAMPER:

Burial: May 23, 1727, Christ Church Parish, Middlesex Co., VA.