STANGER-L Archives

Archiver > STANGER > 2010-03 > 1267459678

From: ,
Subject: Re: [STANGER] Stanger
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:07:58 -0000

Author: tombipeck
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.stanger/60.69.77.1.2.1.1.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,
It's so difficult when people don't give the full information on the people under discussion! If we are still talking about the Rev. John STANGER of Bessells Green then I'm afraid you are talking about an entirely separate family. Rev. John STANGER of Bessells Green then, as I said in my earlier message he was born in Moulton, Northamptonshire, England. His immediate ancestors Thomas STANGER born 1706 Moulton, Northamptonshire died 22 May 1768 in Holcott, Northamptonshire whose wife was Sarah (Sally) MASON was also from Moulton in Northamptonshire.
His father was the Rev. William STANGER born in 1668 in Harringworth, Northamptonshire Endland d 1740 Moulton, Northamptonshire was married to Elizabeth STAUGHTON born Blisworth, Northamptonshire, England d before 19 Sep 1728 in Blisworth, Northamptonshire.
His father was William STANGER born 1638 at Harringworth, Northamptonshire, England d bef 20 Feb 1716 in North Luffenham, Rutland, England who was married to Isobel UNKNOWN who died before 27 Jan 172 at Harringworth, Northamptonshire, England.
The previous generation being Thomas STANGER BORN 1610 in Harringworth, Northamptonshire, England d unknown married to Unknown UNKNOWN.
I cannot say that none of the descendants emigrated to the U.S.A. as I don't know .....
Continuing my line from Rev. John STANGER of Bessells Green I'm descended from his son Samuel William STANGER b 1781 in Kent England d 17 Nov 1875 at 6 Albion Grove, Stoke Newington, London, England. He was married to Mary Wright born Ongar, Essex, England.
Their eldest son Samuel STANGER b 15th April 1808 in Battersea, London, England d 15 August 1877 at the house of his son in law J.W. WEIR at the Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) was married to Amelia Sarah Freeman b 30 March 1811 Plymouth, Devon, England. She died in 1867 at Cradock in the Eastern Cape of Good Hope (South Africa)....their daughter, my great great grandmother Amelia Lockington STANGER was born in England and died in South Africa as did her younger sister Mercy.All of the above were members of one form of the Baptist Church or another....my ggg grandfather Samuel STANGER went to South Africa as a lay Baptist missionary.....my gg grandmother became a Methodist, joining her husband's church....since then descendants have belonged to several different protestant denominations.
I have heard of a German Branch of the STANGER family, but we don't appear to be connected to them.
Best wishes,
Tombi Peck

Important Note: