STINCHCOMB-L Archives

Archiver > STINCHCOMB > 2007-12 > 1197680738

From: ,
Subject: Re: [STINCHCOMB] Richard Stinchcombes...victor/bill canada
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:05:38 -0000

Author: homer0103
Surnames: Stinchcomb, Meredith
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.stinchcomb/1.2.5.11.17.59.1.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello Robert
I have been tracking back through my family history and am currently tracing the Stinchcomb line. Amelia Sophia Bell (nee Stinchcomb) - b 1835 d 1915 - was my great great grandmother - she married William Walter Bell in Bristol in abt 1856 and shortly after migrated to Australia with her husband. She was born in Alveston in 1835 (according to her death certificate), the daughter of William Stinchcomb (b abt 1798) (carpenter) and Mary Ann Meredith. Mary Ann B Abt 1799) looks to be the daughter of Richard Meredith and Amelia Dyer (married in 1798) but I have no documents on this yet. I have little further information on William Stinchcomb either at this point and hoping from what you say below that you would be kind enough to help me with information going back beyond William on the Stinchcomb side. Amelia Sophia had 12 children and to this point I have information on 7 of them - some detailed and some thin - I have a couple of wondefull photographs of her with husband and six!
of the children from about 1900 if you are interested.

look forward to hearing from you

regards

Michael

Important Note: