STINNETT-L Archives

Archiver > STINNETT > 2011-02 > 1298328087

From: Dianna German Anderson <>
Subject: Re: [STINNETT] STINNETT of TN and AR
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:41:27 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for your reply.  I have seen Sarah listed as being a WALKER before,
but based on what?  Whether she is a WALKER or a NICHOLS, I do not believe a
marriage record has been found for Hiram STINNETT yet.  The question remains the
same.  There are a bunch of STINNETT who lived in TN, AL, AR and MO who remain
unidentified.  For instance who are all the children of Jesse STINNETT?  Who are
the parents of Jesse, Reuben, Mason, David, Riley, Ursula, Rufus, Wiatt and
others all found living in Marion Co., TN at one time or another and born late
1790's or early 1800's.

This is from Cathy Gallen
a direct descendant of Hiram & Sarah:

My great great great great grandfather Hiram Stinnett was listed on the 1830
Marion County Census. In 1840 this family is in Dekalb County AL and in 1850 and
1860 Hiram Stinnett is found in Polk County Arkansas with an Elizabeth Nichols
in the household. Elizabeth was the wife of John Nichols who died in route to
Polk County, he almost made it he is buried in or near Ft. Smith.

Elizabeth Stinnett Nichols was the sister of Hiram.  Many of John & Elizabeth
Nichols children lived and died in Polk County Arkansas, yet Elizabeth lived her
last days with Hiram Stinnett.

Another researcher says:
Franklin County Arkansas is not far from Polk County Arkansas. I am very
familiar with this part of Arkansas. There were many Nichols in Polk County
Arkansas and I have visited a Nichols cemetery on the Oklahoma Arkansas State
line(polk County Ark). The Stinnetts and Nichols lived within a mile of Indian
Nation.

Please email me directly I have never found anyone who states their Nichols
moved from Marion County to Dekalb County in this time frame. I have not
followed this line for a while as I am at a true brick wall. You give me hope.
Shirley

Sure would be nice to know who these folks belong to.