STONE-L Archives

Archiver > STONE > 1998-02 > 0886349484

From: Virginia Kobler <>
Subject: Re: [STONE-L] Stone
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:11:24 -0500

Dear Anjanette,

I have been able to prove descent back to the William Stone listed in
Generation 6 as William Stone I. I am descended through William Stone 2 and
his wife Elizabeth and through their daughter Ann Stone who married William
Manier.

I have seen this book before and have copied pages from it. I would dearly
love to find the proof on which the author bases her earlier (John Stone I
and back) assertions. The Ancestral File also gives this lineage but the
documentation seems to get fuzzy at John who married Mary Nelson. There is
the Nowlin-Stone book which the Ancestral File uses but I would like to
find additional documentation. Does any of the other Stone researchers know
of other documentation and/or references?

FWIW, the Ancestral File will take you back all the way to Charlemagne on
this line.

Yours, Ginny K.