STONE-L Archives

Archiver > STONE > 2000-03 > 0952366688

From: <>
Subject: Re: [STONE-L] Stone in Virginia > Tn.
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:18:08 EST

I have a George Washington Stone b 10 Jan 1815 Williamson CO TN m 17 Feb 1842
Calloway CO Ky Martha G. Bazzell b 1819 NC I saw somewhere else a different
wife, can't put my hand on that file right now. Have George listed under
Roland Stone b Ireland Aaug 1, l764 Londonderry d Nov 24, l844 Calloway CO
KY. Roland's (Rowland) father was William Stone b 1740 Londonderry Ireland m
ca 1756-58 Ireland d. 1811 Williamson CO TN Wife Jane d ca 1826 Williamson CO
TN. The children of William are documented in his will in Williamson CO TN.

I am a descendent of Mary Polly Stone, dgt of Roland and sister of your
George Washington. She married William P. Wright and her brother Robert
married Nancy Wright in a double wedding. THey removed to Tx before 1840.
They were married in Callaway CO KY.

They have Roland Married to Elizabeth Miller dgt. of William Miller and
Catherine Foster. I have seen two different marriage dates on this and
believe that Elizabeth is the second wife and he married her after 1820. I
believe his first wife was Cherokee Indian. I have a picture of an Indian
woman and I don't know who she is. I do know that William Wright and wife
Mary Stone's dgt (Sarah) my great grandmother was red headed and part
Cherokee Indian.

There is a ged.com file on RowlandStone and William Stone on the web. I
don't know if it is world connect or ancestry.com. I will try to find it for
you. I can give the other information I have, if this connects to your
George. THe Wrights were in TN before KY also. Genevieve

This thread: