STONEBRAKER-L Archives

Archiver > STONEBRAKER > 2002-02 > 1014399987

From: "Wm. C. Jerome Stonebraker" <>
Subject: Re: [STONEBRAKER] Re: John Stonebraker
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:53:38 -0800

Hello there, this reply is mainly to learn if your Stonebrakers are German
or have Scot ancestry. My Stonebrakers were supposedly proud to be Scotch
and Scotch-Irish. William Isaiah is my great-grandfather and I haven't been
able to trace him to the midwest for brothers, sisters or parents. He also
is supposed to have fathered a first family, then traveled to Oregon in 1960
where (Umatilla County) my grandfather was born in 1861. If you know
anything about the Scot side or William Isaiah, I'd appreciate learning more
from you, and thank you for your posting. I get the Rootsweb messageboard
messages for Stonebrakers, but so far, they all trace back to German
ancestry and my grandfather insisted we weren't from tht line when he
related family facts to my own father. Take care, and thanks again.