STOUT-L Archives

Archiver > STOUT > 1998-03 > 0891045775

From: "LuAnn" <>
Subject: Sarah Catherine Stout
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:42:55 -0600

Hi everyone. Been awhile, but I am back with new computer.
Just very
recently discovered a new Stout in my line and wondering if anyone can help
me connect her to my other Stout's. I think I know who she is, but need
verification. Can anyone help me?

1. WILLIAM W. "BILLY"1 LANGLEY was born 19 Apr 1813 in Tennessee, and died
02 Oct 1881 in Weakley County, TN. He married (1) MERICA HAWKINS 17 Jul 1831
in Gibson Co., TN. He married (2) abt 1854 SARAH CATHERINE STOUT b 15 March
1840.

Notes for WILLIAM W. "BILLY" LANGLEY:

1880 Census Weakley County, TN, lists William W. Langley as 67 years old and
wife Sarah ( ?) Langley as 40 years old. It also lists the childrens' ages
and that all children of above were single in 1880. It also lists that
William and Sarah and both sets of their parents were born in North
Carolina.

Death date of William and exact date of birth of Sarah and her death date
and place of burial of both from Weakley County Cemeteries, Vol. 2, compiled
by James Buckley Chapter, NSDAR, 1980, PP. 494-495.

This also lists date of birth and death for Henry A., George and Eugene.

William Langley and wife, Sarah are buried in Wright Cemetery, Weakley
County, TN.

Children of WILLIAM LANGLEY and SARAH STOUT are:

i. MARGARET J.2 LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1855.

ii. JONATHAN A. LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1856.

iii. MARY LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1860.

iv. WADE H. LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1860.

v. JAMES L. LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1862, Tennessee.

2. vi. MARTHA LANGLEY, b. 1866, Tennessee; d. Abt. Oct 1886, Weakley County,
Tennessee.

vii. ELIZA A. LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1867, Tennessee.

viii. ABRAHAM LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1869, Tennessee.

ix. ALSY C. LANGLEY, b. Abt. 1872, Tennessee.

x. HENRY A. LANGLEY, b. 02 Nov 1872, Tennessee; d. 23 Jan 1906.

xi. GEORGE C. LANGLEY, b. 30 Jul 1875, Tennessee; d. 07 Jul 1909.

xii. FRONIE LANGLEY, b. 15 Oct 1880.

xiii. EUGENE LANGLEY, b. 10 Dec 1881, Tennessee.

**I think Sarah Catherine Stout may be the daughter of Lemuel Stout. Here
is
a brief synopsis on Lemuel.

Descendants of Lemuel Stout

Generation No. 1

1. LEMUEL8 STOUT (FRANCIS THOMISEY7, CHARLES6, PETER5, SAMUEL4, PETER3,
RICHARD2, JOHN1) was born Abt. 1802 in NC, and died 1870-1879. He married
(1) MARY POLLY CAPPS 08 Feb 1825 in Orange Co., NC, daughter of CASON CAPPS.
He married (2) SALENA A. UNKNOWN Abt. 1851.

Notes for LEMUEL STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Lemuel Stout age 48.

Since the 1850 Census also shows his wife still alive, we can assume that
Mary died before 1860 as the 1860 Census shows Lemuel remarried to Salena
and that Lemuel and Salena were living in Obion County, TN. After 1860, they
migrated to MO.

August 1, 1848, Land Grant from TN #6470 for 135 acres.

Notes for MARY POLLY CAPPS:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Mary Polly Capps Stout age 48.

Notes for SALENA A. UNKNOWN:

Salena was living in District 14 Weakley Co., TN in the 1880 Census of
Weakley Co., TN as head of household with the following children:

Susan 15

Thomas 13

Salena 11

Children of LEMUEL STOUT and MARY CAPPS are:

2. i. MARY ANN9 STOUT, b. 1829.

ii. JANE STOUT, b. Abt. 1832.

Notes for JANE STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Jane Stout age 18.

iii. THOMAS STOUT, b. Abt. 1833.

Notes for THOMAS STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Thomas Stout age 17.

iv. EMILY STOUT, b. Abt. 1835.

Notes for EMILY STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Emily Stout age 15 .

v. HENRY STOUT, b. Abt. 1836.

Notes for HENRY STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN showsHenry Stout age 14.

***vi. SARAH STOUT, b. Abt. 1841.

Notes for SARAH STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Sarah Stout age 9 .

vii. LEVI STOUT, b. Abt. 1844.

Notes for LEVI STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows Levi Stout age 6.

viii. JOHN STOUT, b. Abt. 1846.

Notes for JOHN STOUT:

The 1850 Census of Weakley Co., TN shows John Stout age 4.

Children of LEMUEL STOUT and SALENA UNKNOWN are:

ix. TENNESSEE9 STOUT, b. 1852.

x. SUSAN STOUT, b. Abt. 1865.

xi. THOMAS STOUT, b. Abt. 1867.

xii. SALENA G. STOUT, b. Abt. 1869.