STREET-L Archives

Archiver > STREET > 2001-09 > 1001296876

Subject: Re: [STREET] Henry Johnson m. Mary Street
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:01:16 EDT

In a message dated 09/23/2001 7:42:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> I found in my data the same material you found. Mary Pernecie was daughter
> of Milton and Louisa Garner. Milton was brother to my gr-grndfather Alonzo
> Samuel and Louisa was a sister to my gr- grandmother Elmina Jane Garner;
> they were daughters of Wm Garner and Mary Ann Wise. So we are cousins!

Mary Pernecie Street Johnson is my husband's great grandmother. Mary and
Henry Walter Johnson had 3 daughters: Willie Viola, Alta, and Ora. Mary died
when she was 27. I'm not sure of what just yet (am sending for her death
certificate). Willie Viola Johnson married John A. Rains and had Bobbie Gene
Rains who married Jewel Dean Lemons (of Tennessee) and had my husband John F.
Rains. Henry and Mary Street Johnson are buried with most of the Rains
family of the past on my husband's side in Ball Play at the Union #3 Baptist
Church Cemetery. Do you live in Alabama? Most of my husband's family still
live in this general area.

I have one question...do you know if Pernecie is the right name (I haven't
verified that information in hard copies as of yet)? I had seen that one
researcher listed it as Permelia.

Thanks, Cousin Sydney!

Jill Rains

This thread: