STRICKLAND-L Archives

Archiver > STRICKLAND > 2001-09 > 1001466013

From: "tsl001" <>
Subject: [STRICKLAND] Wilson Strickland & Associates by Ben Strickland, Moss Point MS
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:00:13 -0500

Ben Strickland and his wife Jean of P.O. Box 5147 Moss Point MS 39563
published many genealogical works for Clarke, Covington, George, Greene,
Jackson, Jasper, Jones, Lauderdale, Perry, and Wayne Counties MS.

Ben is a brother to Inez Strickland Palmer who published Fortune or Fantasy?
Wilson Strickland's 1,476 acre Survey.

Ben's book covers the individuals who served in the Texas Militia AFTER the
1836 Revolution in Michael Costley's Ranging Company, Jewell's and Haggard's
Ranging Company, and Lee C. Smith's Ranging company. He gives biographical
data that he could find on the men who served in these units.

He then has a chapter on Allen Vince, who sued in Montgomery County Texas
for the Wilson Strickland Survey. He then lists the known Stricklands in
Texas prior to 1838 and draws his own conclusions.

I do not know if Ben is still with us or Jean, of if any of their books are
available. I can state that his book on Wilson Strickland was well
researched at the Texas Archives.

Robert - I'm at home and don't have your personal email address. Hope this
answers your question on Ben Strickland

David

NetZero Platinum
Only $9.95 per month!
Sign up in September to win one of 30 Hawaiian Vacations for 2!