STRONG-L Archives

Archiver > STRONG > 1998-03 > 0889373126

From: "BoB T. Strong" <>
Subject: Strong Family in Clay Co., KY (FORWARDED)
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 10:05:26 -0600

==========Forwarded Message Follows==========

From: DStrong155 <>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 16:57:44 EST
Subject: Strong Family in Clay Co KY

Hi Bob:

.....I got a letter from another family researcher and I am
not familiar with this STRONG FAMILY. Thought you might be
or might want to post this.

Thanks and take care

Dave Strong (Indiana)

From: (Leoneita Miller)
To: ("Dave" Strong of IN)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:15:16 EST

I am going through some of my old files and found this
little bit on the Strong family. Clay County, Kentucky
Deed Book, Abstracts & Court Orders March 27, 1841 Daniel
Strong and Rebecca his wfie of Clay Co and Julius Hacker of
Clay Co. Tr: In consideration of their being the legal
heirs of the estate of Philip Wilson dec'd, and in
consideration of $50 - Daniel Strong and Rebecca his wife
now convey all their interest in his estate both real and
personal Clerk: William Williams, who recorded the deed and
also obtained relinquishment of dowry rights from Rebecca
Strong after questioning her privily and apart from her
husband.

March 27, 1841
Jesse Wilson and Elizabeth his wife of Clay Co and Daniel
Strong of Clay Co. Tr: In consideration of $50 - conveyance
of "all our interest in estate of our dec'd father John
Strong." Clerk: William Williams, who recorded the deed
and also obtained relinquishment of dowry rights from
Rebecca Strong after questioning her privily and apart from
her husband.

These are just excerpts from a book in the Dallas Library.
You should get in touch with Clay Co and get a copy of the
original. Maybe the Strong family and the Casteel family
are at least connected in Kentucky in Clay Co. My old john
Casteel shows up in Madison Co., Ky, in 1803 then when Clay
Co. was formed he is in Clay Co. Another county to check
is Laurel Co KY....my John shows in all three counties and
they say "never moved". I also see him in Jackson Co., KY.

Leoneita

Comments, based on brief search of STRONG FAMILY OF
VIRGINIA AND OTHER SOUTHERN STATES by James
Robert Rolff (c) 1983.

Thomas Strong (2nd) and Annie Fields Strong had connections
to the Casteel family in Scott County, VA. (Page 122).

Census records of Daniel Strong, son of John Strong, were
abstracted by Rolff on pages 98-99. These show Daniel in
Clay Co., KY, in 1840, and in Owsley Co., KY, 1850-1880.

Following is the descent presented by Jim Rolff:

John Strong, Sr.
William Strong, Sr.
Thomas Strong (Sr.) [last record 1775 in Pittsylvania Co.,
VA]
==========
Mrs. Mary Strong of Guilford & Rockingham Co., NC
[probable widow of Thomas Strong, above.]
William
John
Daniel

Robert T. (Bob) Strong, Jr.