STUART-L Archives

Archiver > STUART > 2006-04 > 1144022568

From: teresa stuart <>
Subject: Re: [STUART] JEB Stuart Family Tree
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:02:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas,
Can you share with us any info on John and David?
Jeb`s father, Archibald settled ca 1820 in Patrick CO
VA in a town called Ararat. Archibald of course was an
Attorney to the counties nearby. His son David moved
to Wytheville, VA and his house still stands.
I do have some notes on this Archibald Stuart. He
liked to gamble on the courthouse steps, loved a good
story and liked to take a few drinks. Jeb`s great
grandfather, William Letcher served in the Rev War and
was in the same Milita unit(1779) in Henry CO VA as my
Stewart line. Letcher, was killed at his house in
Ararat VA by a Tory in 1780. He left only one
daughter, who became the grandmother of Jeb Stuart.
The family took over this farm. A man named Thomas
Perry is the Historian in Patrick CO VA for the Stuart
family and has written a book.
Teresa Stuart de Rios

I'm related