SUFFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > SUFFOLK > 1999-09 > 0936566891

From: "Giles Colchester" <>
Subject: Re: SIR EDWARD PACKARD
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:28:11 +0100

I am a great grandson of Sir Edward PACKARD. My mother (Elizabeth PACKARD)
can't remember the date of death but thinks it was in the late
1920's when he was aged 80 something (but she may have confused this with
grandfather MASON). I will email you separately (and
therefore not for further publication) the snail mail address of someone who
will have the information you want. The good news is that there is an
obituary, so it will be there when it is tracked down.

The Ipswich Arts Society, which Sir Edward started, held a 125th year
celebration at Christchurch mansion recently. So you could also try them
for that side of his life.

Wishing you all the best in your researches

Giles COLCHESTER

(Researching COLCHESTER)