SUFFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > SUFFOLK > 2003-08 > 1060427260

From: "David Lamb" <>
Subject: Re: [SFK-UK] Some help please
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:07:40 +0100

Hello,

Stuston is about 3 miles north of Eye (and about 21 miles north of Ipswich).
Brockford, sometimes linked with Wetheringsett as "Wetheringsett cum
Brockford" is about 5 miles south by south west of Eye. Regarding Baptist
churches in the Eye area, there are several; my current "Grace Baptist
Directory" lists three within 5 miles of Eye: Horham, Rishangles and
Occold, and there are, I expect, other Baptist churches in the area who, for
doctrinal or other reasons, may not wish to be included in the Grace
Directory. It may help to bear in mind that local Baptist churches are not
organised into a single national body, as (for example) the Church of
England is. Each local Baptist church is autonomous, under God. So
although I might talk of Baptists in the Eye area (or anywhere else), or
Baptist churches in the Eye area, I could not really speak of "The Baptist
Church in the Eye area", unless of course I happened to know that there was
only one local Baptist church within that area. Having said that, I should
also say that local Baptist churches may join themselves to a national or
regional grouping of like -minded churches, such as the Baptist Union of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Grace Baptist Assembly, the Fellowship
of Independent Evangelical Churches (FIEC), and the Association of Grace
Baptist Churches (East Anglia).

I don't know if this helps at all.

Regards,
David Lamb (Paignton, Devon, UK)
Interests (Essex): BAXTER, BERRY, EREY, GOLDSTONE, LAMB, MOTT, PARTRIDGE,
SARGENT, TICHBORNE, WEBB, WILLSHER
(Suffolk): BRYNGLOVE, CRISPE, FINCH, PARTRIDGE, PORTER, PRATT