SUFFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > SUFFOLK > 2004-02 > 1076427216

From: "Christopher and Joy Dean" <>
Subject: [SFK-UK] Re: The Lion Inn - Little Glemham
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:34:32 -0000

From: "Patricia Bridges" <>
> The Lion Inn in Little Glemham has been sold and the new owner will be
> continuing to run the Inn as a traditional small village Pub!
> A happy ending to a successful campaign to save another Suffolk village
> Public House.
> (Anglia TV News this evening)>

Pat, thank you very, very much for telling me!
This has made my day! I avidly read the minutes of meetings of Little
Glemham Parish Council on its website and had read the following:-
"Planning Application- Lion Inn (C03/2121)
Change of use from Public house to private dwelling The application was
heard and approved by Suffolk Coastal District Council at a recent meeting
held on 7 January at which the Chairman was present. Mr Pendle (current bar
manager of the Lion Inn) asked that a letter Ms Cripps had written to the
Parish Council and the East Anglian Daily Times be read out. The Chairman
stated that all members of the Parish Council had read it, however he did so
for the benefit of members of the Public. In conclusion the Chairman stated
that the loss of the Lion Inn would be a sad blow to the village and hoped
that a new purchaser may yet buy the Pub as a going concern. With that he
said that as far as the Parish Council is concerned that is the end of the
matter."
... and so had emailed the chairman to say how sorry I was.

Now I am really, really happy!

One day I shall return!

Joy

This thread: