SUFFOLK-L Archives

Archiver > SUFFOLK > 2010-03 > 1268294526

From: David Gobbitt <>
Subject: [SFK-UK] WEBB and FINCHAM in Mildenhall
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:02:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Anne

Ancestry's "Public Member Trees" (http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1030) give William's parents as John WEBB & Maria SHINGLES, and Elizabeth's as John FINCHAM (or Woods John FINCHAM) & Elizabeth ARMAGER.

Woods FINCHAM is identified as a cousin of John FINCHAM at the Fincham Family Genealogy Forum (http://genforum.genealogy.com/fincham). Perhaps you will find someone there who has checked the parish registers, e.g. for the marriage of John FINCHAM and Elizabeth ARMAGER at Barton Mills in 1795.

Details of the WEBB line, including the marriage of Maria SHINGLES at Mildenhall in 1797, can be seen at www.geocities.com/peter_g_moll/index.html.

David

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 13:13:03 -0000
From: "Mick Claxton" <>

Hello Anne.
According to a transcript of the Mildenhall parish register ,William Webb
and Elizabeth Fincham both of Beck Row Mildenhall married June 30 th 1841.
Williams father was given as John Webb labourer and Elizabeths father was
given as John Fincham labourer.

Mick